To view a model on the HoloLens you will first need to connect your device to Fologram for Rhino.
Adding a device to Fologram for Rhino
- Follow the instructions to install Fologram for Rhino and open the test scene, if you haven't already.
- Launch Fologram for Rhino by typing Fologram in the Rhino Command Bar.
- Click on the blue 'Add Device' button in the Fologram for Rhino window. A QR code that contains all of the information the HoloLens needs to connect to your pc will be displayed.
Launching Fologram on the Hololens
- Switch the HoloLens on and log in if prompted.
- Follow the instructions to install Fologram if you haven't already.
- Ensure your HoloLens is connected to the same WiFi network as the pc running Fologram for Rhino.
- Launch the Fologram app from the Windows Home Screen.
- When you start Fologram, the HoloLens will display a square frame and prompt you to 'Look at QR code'.
- Look at the QR code displayed on your pc until you see a 'Connected' icon and hear a tone confirming that your HoloLens has successfully connected. This should take one or two seconds. The QR code will then disappear.
- Having issues detecting the QR code? Check this guide for setting camera permissions, or our in depth connection troubleshooting article.
- Your HoloLens will now appear in the Fologram for Rhino window as a connected device.
Placing and scaling the model
- Use your Gaze to move the construction plane to the surface of objects in your environment.
- Use a Tap gesture to place the test scene.
- To scale the model from Rhino, enter a new value in the Scale field of the Fologram for Rhino window.
- You can also Move, Scale and Rotate the modelusing the Fologram menu.