Fologram for Rhino is designed to run using the latest service release of Rhino 5 or Rhino 6 and may not support all older releases of Rhino. If you are using a shared machine and do not have Administrator rights you can still install Fologram but may not be able to update rhino or install for all users.
Don't have Rhino?
You can download a 90 day evaluation version of Rhino 6 for Windows that is fully compatible with Fologram here.
(Optional) Updating Rhino
Note: You will need Administrator rights on your machine to Update Rhino.
Rhino will automatically check for updates and download new builds by default. Follow these steps to ensure your version of Rhino is up to date:
- Launch Rhino 5 or 6.
- Go to the Help toolbar, and choose Check For Updates.
- A pop-up window will verify if your copy of Rhino is up to date. You can click the italic Check Now button if automatic updating is disabled.
- If a new version is available but has not yet been installed, the pop-up will display 'A new version is ready to install'.
- Restart rhino and click 'Yes' when prompted to install updates.
Installing and Starting Fologram for Rhino
Follow these steps to install and launch the Fologram for Rhino plugin:
- Close Rhino if it is already open.
- Locate your FologramForRhino.rhi file and double click it to launch the installer.
- Follow the prompts in the Rhino Package Installation Wizard. If you do not have Administrator rights on your machine, choose to install 'Just for me'.
- If the wizard states that the installer package is not compatible, follow the steps above to update Rhino.
- After installation is complete, launch Rhino 5 or 6.
- Click on the Fologram button, use the Fologram toolbar, or type Fologram in the Rhino Command Bar to start the plugin.
- Click on 'Add Device' to display the QR code for connection.