The accuracy of the tracking improves as the HoloLens collects more information about visual features in the environment. So the simplest way to improve your tracking is to make sure the device can see everything in your workspace! To assist with this you can:
- Walk and look around your workspace to build a more detailed scan.
- Add static objects if you are working in a large empty space.
- Avoid working with very large holograms (over 3m), or holograms that are far away from the headset as tracking is more accurate when the device is close to an anchor (the Fologram construction plane)
- Avoid reflective materials (especially glass) that will prevent the infrared depth cameras from working correctly. If these materials cannot be avoided, temporarily cover them with a rough, opaque material such as butchers paper.
- Avoid workspaces with large moving objects as these will prevent the HoloLens from building a robust scan.
- Avoid workspaces with many people as movement will disrupt the scan.
If you have been working in a space with frequently moving objects (e.g. on construction sites or teaching spaces with moving people), you may find that clearing the spatial mapping from your device and re-mapping your workspace can improve tracking. To remove spatial data:
- Open the Settings App on the HoloLens
- Go to System > Holograms > Remove All Holograms
- Restart Fologram and reconnect.