Fologram will detect and synchronize any change in your Rhino document with the mixed reality model on the HoloLens. To stream your own models to the headset you can open a new model or import your models into an existing document running Fologram.
Scale and Position
- Most architectural models are in real world scale. Be sure that the 0,0,0 point of your model is at a point that makes your model easy to place in mixed reality e.g. at the corner of your building.
- Very large models can be difficult to place as you may be behind or inside parts of your model.
- Consider setting a scale factor using the Fologram scale tool (under the blue 'Add Device' button in the plugin window) before placing models at 1:1 in mixed reality.
- The HoloLens runs a mobile chipset and is not optimized for very detailed models with high poly counts.
- Fologram will synchronize your Rhino document using Rhino's default render mesh settings for all NURBs geometry. This can create very large meshes from surfaces with high curvature, especially piped curves.
- Consider manually meshing NURBs geometry before streaming. Aim for <1m polygons.