This release focuses on making Grasshopper more suited for custom live applications - adding features to assist in flow control.
State Gate Component
Uses a list of filters (or true false values) to activate and/or deactivate different parts of the document. Useful for creating applications that have multiple 'modes'.
Global Variable Components
Pass data around the document without thinking about what you're connected to. The receiving component will update when clicked, or when the component it's connected to updates. When Dynamic Update is enabled via right click, it will update whenever it's input changes.
A counter that increments by one every time it updates.
A simple component that switches between True and False every time it updates. Useful for creating on/off buttons.
Live Display for Component Updates
Visually see which parts of the definition update when you make a change, or see what's updating when timers are connected
See through the canvas to save some screen real-estate.
Disable Redraw and FPS counter
Skip showing the preview in Rhino to optimize performance on devices. Crucial when working with NURBS geometry - when things start to run slow in the viewport. FPS display lets you keep track of the actual time between solver updates. This is useful when you want to understand the performance of definitions that are constantly update (in response to external inputs)
Dynamic Typing for Transforms
All Fologram components that output a Transform can now be directly converted into basic types,
- Transform | Point : Transforms a point to the location specified in the transform
- Transform | Vector : Creates a vector to the location specified in the transform
- Transform | Plane : Transforms a Plane to the location and orientation specified in the transform
- Transform | Number : Provides the XYZ scale specified in the transform.
- Transform | Transform : Provides the full transform including Location, Orientation and Scale
- Transform | Matrix : Provides the transform as a Matrix
- (WIP) Components now work when clustered. There are still a few idiosyncrasies around this so use with caution.
- Track Clicks now accepts multiple object filters
- Track Clicks will now accept either all clicks, clicks that only hit geometry, or clicks that do not hit geometry.
- Toggle Trigger reliability has improved.
- Send Transforms now data-matches between a list of transforms and a list of IDs.