Now that you've learned how to stream and explore your Rhino models in VR with Fologram it's time to take the next step and learn about some of Fologram's more powerful features.
Get started with Fologram for Grasshopper. Fologram's grasshopper components allow you to:
- View your Quest in real time in Rhino
- Grab objects interactively, making use of the Quest’s 6dof tools
- Detect taps, gestures, buttons and hand rays and use these as inputs to your parametric models
- Interact with parametric geometry
- Animate geometry and materials
- Control sliders, buttons, toggles and drop down menus on your Quest
- Build custom virtual reality user interfaces
- Control physical simulations like Kangaroo or Karamba in mixed reality
... and a whole lot more. To understand more about some of the manipulation tools available when using the Oculus Quest, including 6dof manipulation and motion tracking, check out our ‘An Intermediate Guide to Interactive Design in Fologram’.
The best way to start learning Fologram for Grasshopper is to work through the examples on our Community. You can also get help with learning Rhino and Grasshopper, learn how to use Fologram for VR, solve common technical issues, find academic literature on mixed reality and explore projects that our community have built with Fologram.
Join the community to get in touch with Fologram's developers and design team and discuss projects with other Fologram experts. We love to hear about new ideas, use cases and projects that our clients and partners have planned for using Fologram, and are always willing to offer suggestions for how to implement best practice and ensure a great experience. See you there!